Friday, November 20, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls and Loaf




After making the Whole Wheat Brioche dough I needed to make something else. My husband always has liked cinnamon rolls so I decided at first to make the Cinnamon Crescents...needless to say, they tasted okay but my abilities at shaping the dough into presentable crescents since it is fairly wet were not great. No Pic on this one.

Then next I decided that my time was running out so .......USE up the rest of the dough. This time I rolled out the dough like for the cinnamon crescents but instead of making crescents, I just sprinkled the dough with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as it needed for the size of the dough you rolled out. Then (with lots more flour on the board this time), I took out my dough scraper (heavenly tool that scraper)....and rolled it up using the scraper when needed. I divided the dough in to twelve rolls. They were kinda large so I just put 6 on the parchment paper this time and got out a large loaf pan. I sprayed the loaf pan and then lined it with large strips going both ways with parchment. Then I put the other 6 dough slices side by side in the pan using the ends for the ends of the loaf.

I baked the rolls 20 minutes at 350 and the loaf about 30 minutes at 350. Simple confectioners sugar was drizzled on for the finish.

We really liked both of these.

2 comments:

  1. WOW...Cheryl! So happy you posted your Cinnamon Rolls and the Cinnamon Loaf. Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look delicious! And I LOVE the loaf...drool! :D

    ReplyDelete